Health Information Specialist
The objectives of this position are to collaborate with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) providers, and other ESRD Networks to maintain a dynamic web-based database that accurately stores and uses the current status of all ESRD patients receiving dialysis and kidney transplants in the 5-state Midwest Kidney Network region; support an accurate ESRD provider directory; perform functions to support quality improvement activities as directed, support the users of the system, support day-to-day office activities, and maintain a secure environment as prescribed by CMS.
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office expertise, including experience creating charts, queries, and reports in MS Excel and Access.
- Accurate data entry and experience in data collection and analysis.
- Exceptional customer service, interpersonal and teamworking skills.
- Experience with large information systems.
- Excellent verbal, written, and telephone comprehension and communication skills.
- Flexibility to accommodate growth and change in the agency’s mission and requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Information or related field.
- Registry management experience.
- Strong skills in database management.
- Experience creating help documentation such as tip sheets and job aids.
- Familiarity with Medicare and Chronic Kidney Disease.
- Experience in medical information systems.
- Experience with SharePoint, Office 365, Content Management Systems, CRM tools.
- Experience with webinar support, surveys/polling.
Responsibilities and Functions
- Support ESRD facility end-users by phone, fax, and email to promote timely and accurate data entry of required elements into Federal patient registry systems
- Coordinate with facility end users to obtain missing information
- Identify and resolve data discrepancies
- Maintain a database and hard copy files of Medicare certification and ESRD provider records
- Maintain a database of facility personnel/contacts
- Register new facilities
- Generate reports as needed
- Support the registration of user accounts
- Support and assist with Quality Improvement and Administrative projects to meet the agency’s needs
- Data entry as required
- Document work processes
- Contribute to the agency’s mission, goals, and objectives
- Other duties as assigned and as developed through CMS requirements
Adminsitrative Support as Needed
- Assist with troubleshooting IT and office equipment issues
- Assist with answering and directing all incoming calls.
- Serve as a Security Point of Contact
- Reports to Operations Director.
- Works closely with all staff.