Part of our work with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is to support gainful employment for end-stage renal disease patients through vocational rehabilitation (voc rehab). We do this by providing technical assistance to dialysis facility staff, including the social worker, on ways to educate and encourage patients to return to work or school. Dialysis patients can return to work, maintain their dialysis schedule, and live a full and healthy life by picking the best options for their lifestyle.
Resoures for Promoting and Supporting Vocational Rehabilitation
- Screening Guidance how to screen and refer patients if they are interested in returning to work or school
- Employment Networks contact information for the orgranizations helping individuals with disabilities return to work
- Voc Rehab Best Practices strategies from multiple ESRD Networks on improving vocational rehabilitation
- Voc Rehab Facility Checklist - video (from QSource ESRD Network 10) outlines key steps in supporting vocational rehabilitaton in your facility
- Voc Rehab Documentation how to accurately document vocational rehabilitaton status in CROWNWeb
- Patient Education