Diane has 37 years of experience with nonprofit health care agencies working to improve quality of health care, and 34 of those years were working with the End Stage Renal Disease Network Program. She is a Registered Health Information Administrator with experience in organizational and contract management, quality improvement activities, and health information administration.
Diane Carlson, RHIA
Contact Diane for...
- Agency mission, goals and objectives
- Quality improvement initiatives
- Questions about the ESRD program
- Strategic Partnerships and collaboration
Contact Cheryl for...
- CROWNWeb questions
- Data reporting and submission requirements
- New dialysis facility registration
- Facility membership agreements
- Updates to facility personnel
Cheryl has worked as a Health Data Specialist at Midwest Kidney Network for over 15 years and has a passion for bringing accuracy to the data collection process. Cheryl enjoys helping dialysis facility personnel become as comfortable and knowledgeable as possible with the ongoing changes in ESRD data processing.
Anna Freed, MS
Contact Anna for...
- 5-Diamond program
- Community outreach
- Educational events and meetings
- Network reports and publications
- Emergency Preparedness
Anna has worked with Midwest Kidney Network since 2007. With extensive information design and project management experience, Anna oversees organizational communications, information technology, and coordinates the Network's emergency preparedness activities.
Candace Kohls, RN
Contact Candace for...
- Clinical issues
- State surveyor information
- Conditions for Coverage
- Quality Incentive Program
- Quality improvement strategies and methods
Candy has 22 years of experience working with ESRD. Specifically, her clinical experience includes acute dialysis, chronic in-center dialysis, vascular access, and home peritoneal dialysis. She also has experience in clinic administration for home dialysis PD & HHD. In addition to working in ESRD, Candy has worked in critical care nursing and community mental health.
Renae Nelson, LICSW
Contact Renae for...
- Patient or facility concerns
- Interest in Network 11’s Consumer Committee
- Kidney Concerns patient newsletter
- Interest in EPIC benficiary learning and action network
Renae works with people with end stage renal disease (ESRD) as well as dialysis and transplant providers to improve the quality of care received by patients. She brings over 25 years of social work experience to Renal Network 11. She enjoys working with both patients and providers and helping them problem solve solutions to their concerns.
Kristen Ward, MPH
Contact Kristen for...
- Clinical data in CROWNWeb
- Dialysis Facility Reports (DFRs) and Performance Score Reports (PSRs)
- National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN)
- Clinical trends report
- Data collection for quality improvement projects
Kristen has been with Network 11 since 2007. Kristen works with the data used in Network quality improvement projects such as Fistula First/Catheter Last, infection control, and immunizations. Kristen enjoys helping providers access and understand data they can use for quality improvement projects in their own organizations.