Are you familiar with the National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN)? As you probably know, it is the tracking system that most health care facilities use to input their infection data on a monthly basis. It is a great place to demonstrate improvements your facility has made by implementing new infection prevention processes and practices.
Benefits of Using NHSN
- Identify trends in infections.
- Identify trends in types of infections.
- Develop methods to reduce types of infection and rates of infection.
- Demonstrate progress in infection prevention processes.
- Compare to other facilities’ progress and challenges in dealing with infections.
- Share NHSN’s standardized definitions of infections and inflammations to reduce misunderstanding.
Learn More About NHSN